“In Pursuit of healing the human body, mind and spirit through Reiki Therapy”
Reiki, A non-physical healing energy made up of life force energy that is guided by the Higher Intelligence, or spiritually guided life force energy. Reiki can be also understand as a specific type of subtle energy work in which healing is performed by the touch of the hand or through distant, allowing the flow of the energy from a limitless source (universal energy) to the patient via the practitioner. Reiki is extremely powerful, yet gentle energy that can be easily channeled to yourself and others, just by intention. Reiki triggers the body’s natural healing abilities, and improves and maintains health. Reiki healings are natural therapy that gently balances life energies and brings health and well being of the entire physical, emotional and psychic body. Therefore it’s truly a system of attaining and promoting wholeness of Mind, Body and Spirit, to the recipient.
The ideals are both guidelines for living a gracious life and virtues worthy of practice for their inherent value.
“The secret art of inviting happiness
The miraculous medicine of all diseases
Just for today, do not anger
Do not worry and be filled with gratitude
Devote yourself to your work. Be kind to people.
Every morning and evening, join your hands in prayer.
Pray these words to your heart
and chant these words with your mouth
Usui Reiki Treatment for the improvement of body and mind ”
— Usui Mikao
Realism of A Typical Reiki Session
The experience of Reiki is subjective, changeable, and sometimes very subtle. People often experience heat in the practitioner’s hands, but sometimes the practitioner’s hands feel refreshingly cool.
- People often comment how comforting they find the experience of Reiki to be. An interesting study reported that recipients frequently feel that they are hovering in a threshold state of consciousness, simultaneously aware of their surroundings and deeply in-drawn. Some people fall into a deep, sleep-like meditative state. Sometimes the experience of Reiki is dramatic, while for other people, the first session in particular may be uneventful, although they feel somehow better afterward. The most common experience is an almost immediate release of stress and a feeling of deep relaxation.
Benefits of Reiki
- Helps Cancer Patients: One of the most stressful symptoms in pediatric oncology patients is cancer-related fatigue. Reiki therapy helps to encourage healing and provide other benefits, and it may be a great option while undergoing other traditional treatments. As a natural cancer treatment, it helps promote positive thoughts regarding healing and reduces stresses cancer can cause.
- May Treat Complex Regional Pain Syndrome Type I in Children: One of the most stressful symptoms in pediatric oncology patients is cancer-related fatigue. Reiki therapy helps to encourage healing and provide other benefits, and it may be a great option while undergoing other traditional treatments. As a natural cancer treatment, it helps promote positive thoughts regarding healing and reduces stresses cancer can cause.
- Aids in Dementia Management: There are relationships between dementia and impairments in hearing, vision, smell and even taste that have been identified. Because our senses play a huge role in our memory and day-to-day function, the disturbance of them causes a major imbalance in the body and life that adds a lot of stress.When our sense of smell is impaired, for instance, research has shown symptoms that may start as a mild cognitive impairment may lead to Alzheimer’s disease with 85.2 percent sensitivity rates. Reiki therapy can help bring a balance through rhythm.
- Helps Promote Mental and Physical Well-Being in Infants: Infant massage is becoming a more sought-after natural treatment for healthy development in babies. It’s been reported that massage provides many benefits, such as better sleep, improved breathing patterns, regular pooping, less colic and gas, and improved growth. Infant massage may help reduce infant stress and provide a healthy environment for parent-infant interaction and relationship building. A short Reiki therapy session of about 10 to 20 minutes, depending on the baby’s circumstances, may be all that’s needed for positive results and to help mom and dad get a good night of sleep.
- Relieves Anxiety and Depression: Reiki therapy, when conducted on stress-induced subjects, not only showed a significant decrease in stress, but also in anxiety and depression. In addition, further testing in another study showed that Reiki treatments were useful in reducing pain.
Although just one Reiki session can make be hugely beneficial, it is usually more effective to have a course of treatments. It may have taken many months, or even years, for symptoms to surface, so it usually takes a little time for the person to fully heal.
Healing is about making you whole by helping you to recognise any thoughts and habits which you need to change, not just removing the symptoms. In our internet-based, fast-paced, “pop a pill and get rid of it” world, we have a great need to slow down, get in touch with ourselves, and trust the process of life once again.
Treatments may be offered weekly, fortnightly or monthly depending on your needs. A treatment plan will be discussed with you on your first visit, and reviewed as necessary. This will always be subject to your preferences and can be changed at any time according to your progress.